Blue Water Area Rescue Mission
Since the late 1800s, rescue missions have been offering radical hospitality in Jesus’ name to people who are dealing with hunger, homelessness, abuse, and addiction.
While the Blue Water Area Rescue Mission incorporate the core tenets of Christianity in all aspects of their work, they are open to people of every faith or no faith. The end goal is for individuals and families to have their lives and relationships restored, and to be reengaged in meaningful ways with society.
Our hours of operation are:
5:00 pm – for check-in
9:00 am – the next morning is check-out
If one of our clients from the previous night do not check-in by 5:30, their bed is then given to the next person seeking shelter.
Our clients requirements are:
- must be 18 years old or older
- must have valid St. Clair County ID with photo
- must be drug and alcohol free (we do test for both)
During the week, our clients are required to:
- attend life enrichment classes
- must have 10 verifiable job applications a week (we provide the form)